- Conan Doyle lived at 3 Sciennes Hill Place between 1864 and 1868
- His family lived at 23 George Square between 1877 and 1881
- His first school was Newington Academy in Salisbury Place
- Forensics week: a series of trails, activities and workshops to test your forensic and observational skills from Mon 16th to Fri 20th Feb in the Surgeons Hall Museum
- Doyle M for Murder, readings on Doyle's Professor Challenger theme in the Pleasance Cabaret Bar at 8pm on Thursday 26th February
- Conan Doyle and Joseph Bell: the real Sherlock Holmes, an exhibition in the Surgeons Hall Museum
More details frm the One Book - One Edinburgh website.