Community groups, police, fire and various council services will be involved. This will involve
- high visibility patrols
- concentrated street cleaning
- roads/lighting/gully repairs
- trade waste inspection and advice
- liaison with local schools
- fly posting and graffiti removal
- road checks
- crime and fire prevention surveys and safety checks
- licensed premises checks
- and much more
One wag suggested that a 'week of action' implies the other 51 are weeks of inaction! Not so. Simply that on this occasion all agencies will be working together in a concerted effort. If successful the concentrated multi service approach will be used in other areas.
If you want to feed in an issue if you think you can help in any way you should contact the South Neighbourhood office on 5295151.