- The Sick Kids will be celebrating of 150 years of existence next Monday. (Not all of that has been on the current site.)
- It is a 150 acute bed hospital taking children up to approximately 14 years old
- There are 1200-1500 staff
- It has 40,000 Accident and Emergency admissions each year (compared to the Royal Infirmary which has 120,000). It admits 7,000 patients every year.
- It is scheduled to move to Little France in early 2013. The new hospital is to cost £150m. This will be part funded by the sale of the current site.
- It is likely current houses in Millerfield Place (west side), Rillbank and the frontages onto the Meadows will be returned to private housing. There are various options for the remaining ground and the main building though housing is considered to be a prominent option.
- The main building is listed and this will constrain the use to which it is put.
Wednesday, 10 February 2010
Sick Kids: The Future
This evening Marchmont and Sciennes Community Counicl hosted a visit from Colin Briggs, Service Manager with Lothian Health on the future of the Sick Kids. Here are some bullet points from his talk and the discussion.
Former deputy leader of the SNP Jim Sillars lives locally. He has been speaking out on a couple of issues recently. First, here is today...
Below is the explanation I have received for the delay in replacing the Jawbone Arch in the Meadows. It has been a long wait as you will ...
Here is the text of today's article I have in The Times. Edinburgh is a great city bedevilled with some problems. Confident leadersh...
Here is an update on a couple of incidents of concern. First, The firebomb attack at the Potterrow Central Mosque. A 28 year old man was...