Thursday, 24 February 2011

Meadow Bar fire - possible cause

With concerns about the cause of several fires in the Southside area, it is worth noting that the Fire service have suggested a possible cause of yesterday morning's Buccleuch Street tenement fire.  

This report  from The Sun quotes them as investigating 'faulty wiring in the ceiling of the Meadow Bar' or, as this initial press release from Lothian and Borders Fire Service indicates, in the 'first floor function suite'.

Update 1pm: Here is a link to the Evening News account which includes interviews with witnesses.

No comments:

Featured post

Local resident Jim Sillars in the news

Former deputy leader of the SNP Jim Sillars lives locally.  He has been speaking out on a couple of issues recently. First, here is today...