Saturday, 13 October 2012

On Friday I was contacted by a union representative who wished to talk to me after my comments quoted in an Evening News article yesterday.  I had said:
"It's a bit damning of the system and management that, after five weeks of the new rounds, they still haven't got it right.
It's unacceptable that householders have to suffer intermittent bin collections.  Management need to take firm action with those employees who are dragging their feet.  It is essential that we get a more efficient service and if this means returning to the option of outsourcing then so be it."
 The representative wanted to assure me that there was no organised disruption by staff.  I want to be reassured there is no disruption!  The director of the service, speaking of his staff, had just told the environment committee of the Council:
"I think there is a small group of people who are not being cooperative. . . "
I have agreed to meet union representatives next week.

No comments:

Featured post

Local resident Jim Sillars in the news

Former deputy leader of the SNP Jim Sillars lives locally.  He has been speaking out on a couple of issues recently. First, here is today...