By election result Liberton Gilmerton
|Nick Cook, the Conservative councillor|
Polling was Thursday and the result (by manual count) was declared yesterday. There were no surprises - you can access the detailed results from this page.
- Labour took the seat - from the SNP. (The SNP had secured one of the four seats in the 2012 elections but as there was only one vacancy at this by-election Labour's dominance resulted in a seat gained by them.)
- Liberton/Gilmerton now has one Conservative and three Labour councillors.
- Turnout was 30.6% up from 28% in a similar by-election in the ward in 2010.
- The three largest parties (Labour, SNP and Conservative) saw their vote share fall slightly. Lib Dems and Green increased their vote share slightly.
- UKIP secured 3.2% of the vote