The possibility of reintroducing a Dumbiedykes bus service is still on the table - according to a report before the Transport Committee next Tuesday.
The Council is currently setting up what is dubbed a 'Framework Agreement' in order to establish if any company could viably take the route on. Then an assessment will be made on whether the Council can afford to subsidise such a service. The report can be found here and there follow a few statistics from the report:
- The flats and multi storeys were built in the 1960s
- The 2011 population is recorded as 3,791
- 89% of residents are recorded as in receipt of benefits or pension credits
- When this was last considered in 2009, the subsidy for a No 60 bus was service was £49,400pa - which amounts to £13 per annum per resident
- The 36 bus runs in neighbouring Holyrood Road but it runs into Jeffrey Street to Princes Street rather than into the Nicolson Street corridor