And disposing of your Christmas tree?
Here are the details for recycling your Christmas tree (from the Waste page of the Council website).
You can recycle your real Christmas trees at the kerbside, no matter where you live.
Please remember to:
If you have a brown bin or live in a brown bin area, place your tree at the kerbside, next to your bin, by 6am on your next garden waste collection day.
- Remove all decorations
- If the tree is 6ft tall or more, please cut it in half
- Do not place trees in plastic bags, as this means we cannot recycle it.
Christmas trees can also be recycled at any of our three Community Recycling Centres - these are closed 25, 26 December and 1, 2 January.
We will also collect trees from communal bin areas during January, please leave the tree beside the bins. See below for dates in your area:
- City Centre - Monday 6, 13, 20
- East - Tuesday 7, 14, 21
- North – Wednesday 8, 15, 22
- West and South West – Thursday 9, 16, 23
- South – Friday 10, 17, 24