Thursday, 31 July 2014

Dumbiedykes fire yesterday evening

From the Fire Scotland media release:
A man had to be treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation this evening (30 July) following a fire in his kitchen in his flat at Dumbiedykes Road, Edinburgh.

Crews from McDonald Road, Marionville, and Tollcross were mobilised by Operations Control Edinburgh just before 7pm and on arrival discovered a well-developed fire in the kitchen. Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire with a line of hose and ventilated the property.

One male casualty suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns. He was treated at the scene by firefighters providing oxygen therapy and applying gel packs to his burns until the arrival of the ambulance.
He was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for further treatment.
 

 
 

No comments:

Featured post

Local resident Jim Sillars in the news

Former deputy leader of the SNP Jim Sillars lives locally.  He has been speaking out on a couple of issues recently. First, here is today...