Today there was an open day at the Braidwood Centre in Dumbiedykes and on the edge of Holyrood Park. The focus was on ideas for the improvement of the area and of the Crags Community Centre. Here are a few of the suggestions and projects at various stages planning - some of them are just ideas:
- Pump track at Braidwood Gate.
- Dumbiedykes Express - a local shop run by local people. It is expected to be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays in one of the former shop buildings in Dumbiedykes Road. Initiated by COMAS.
- On street secure bike parking.
- Bee keeping on the high flats.
- Garden upgrade.
- Dumbiedykes shuttle taking older people/families to the shops/doctor. The prototype looks like a golf buggie.
- Youth work extension - Canongate Youth have recently been awarded a substantial grant enabling them to expand their activities.