Next Monday, 22nd February, has been set for a bit of a blitz on the Prestonfield area. By that is meant various services will concentrate on the area to provide services. Here are some of the things planned.
- Community Safety and Housing staff will be visiting stairs and doing safety and security checks and providing information and advice.
- Police Officers and Environmental Wardens will be carrying out joint patrols - littering, fly tipping and dog-fouling will be included in their agenda.
- The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service will be available to visit homes to provide fire safety checks and offer advice.
- Police will be available to provide advice on security and for reporting crime
- Environmental clean up. Note there will be a special uplift of materials for the tip from designated points between 10 and 12am
- There is a surgery for all comers between 10am and 3pm
Much of action (and staff) will be based at Cameron House Community Centre.