Here is the latest briefing from Edinburgh Council's Chief Executive:
Edinburgh Schools Partnership has advised the Council that it should not expect to receive details of when the PP1 schools will be available for pupils until the end of next week. We had expected to have a clearer picture by the end of this week and I am disappointed that this information has been delayed.
We have been in constant dialogue with Edinburgh Schools Partnership and they are aware of our concerns. It is important that we have clear information regarding the condition of these schools and when they will be safe to reopen. I know that parents, teachers and pupils will share my frustration at this delay. The safety of our children is our number one priority and we all want our schools to reopen safely, as soon as possible.
We are doing everything we can so that ESP can provide the Council with the information which will allow us to make a decision regarding the next steps. As soon as I have further information I shall update you. Andrew Kerr, Chief Executive