The resurfacing of the Nicolson Street corridor - from South Bridge right up to Newington Road is scheduled to begin on 9th April. The work is planned to include
- Renewing the traffic signal equipment at 3 junctions and 5 pedestrian crossings;
- A new pedestrian crossing (South College Street – Drummond Street);
- Minor footway improvements;
- Completing the public realm/Caithness slabs on South Bridge, south of Drummond Street;
- Additional cycle parking; &
- Reduce/upgrade street furniture.
There will be much evening work - into the early hours - and some daytime work, avoiding the rush hours. There will be a curfew on noisy work after 11pm, though workmen will be permitted to work into the small hours.
Please note the start date is the expected start date and is not firmly fixed.
Just keeping you informed.